Thursday, January 10, 2013

Why Ceilings I Have Seen?

Over the years I have lain upon my back and stared up very many ceilings.

Got you! I bet you thought this was going to be a naughty site. Well it will be a bit naughty because that is who I am but it will be good naughty so if you were looking for stuff other than sharing my tales of travel and personal growth  you will have to go elsewhere.


I was born with itchy feet and no sooner am I settled somewhere I am ready to move again. Though I have settled down a bit since I moved back to Kwa Zulu Natal, the place of my birth after 35 years.

Not only have I lived in many places, I spent 3 months backpacking around Europe and the UK at the age of 47. A trip to Canada in 2004 unsettled me again and I decided to become a Western Cape Tourist Guide so I could indulge my passion.


In 2006 I met my soul mate Dave whose feet are as itchy as mine. In 6 years we have moved 7 times, lived in a tent for a few months much to our children's horror, and  travelled more than 300 000kms around South Africa, Botswana and Namibia.

As a very late bloomer, the past 12 years or so have been a period of great change in my life. Like many women, hitting menopause was a wonderful wake up call.


My postings will be random as is my nature and while travel features prominently I will share my emotions and hopefully give other women entering this phase of their lives hope that it is OK to be the person you were born to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I value all comments and feedback. However please respect me and others and don't post comments that you would not want your parents or children to read.